SHELT is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We, either as data controller or data processor will use your personal information to deliver the services you have requested from us and to meet our responsibilities.
This Policy aims to give you information on how SHELT collects and processes your personal data.Please read the following Policy to understand how we collect and use your personal data, for example when you contact us, visit our website (Site), apply for a job, or use our products and services.
By visiting shelt.com or by using any of the products and services provided by/through SHELT you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- When will we use your data?
- How will we share your data?
- Third party service providers working on our behalf
- Transferring data
- Disclosure of your data
- Data retention
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- Our policy towards children
- Changes to our Privacy & Data Protection Policy
- Notice to you
- Contact us
What data do we collect?
We will collect and process the data about you. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Contact and Identity Data as your name, email, address and phone number.
- Technical Data including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login data, operating system and web browser type, browser plug-in types and version, traffic data, location data and other communication data such as URL information, HTTP return code, DNS query and response information, SSL certificate information, and other metadata elements, and the resources that you or your IT systems access.
- Usage Data including how you use our Site, products and services.
- Profile Data including usernames, passwords, and feedback data.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
If you send information to SHELT and/or SHELT is given by you access to information, you explicitly consent to storage, destruction, processing, disclosure, and/or any other use of your information by SHELT or its third-party service providers. If you provide us with personal data of another person (for instance, a potential employee/referral), you are responsible to ensure that such person is made aware of the information contained in this privacy notice and that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with SHELT.
How do we collect your data?
We will collect your personal data when you:
- Contact us and/or provide feedback.
- Enter and use our Site: As you interact with our Site, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. We will also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Provide contact details (e.g. giving business cards) at a marketing event.
- Request and receive marketing communications.
- Submit a job application: If you are making a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information. We will use this information for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we will keep this information on file for future reference.
- Purchase our products and services: If you purchase or use our products or services, we will use your personal data for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- verifying your credentials,
- carrying out end user compliance checks for export control purposes,
- providing the services,
- processing orders and generating billing information.
Additionally, SHELT may collect data about you, through its business relationships and contacts.
When will we use your data?
We will use the personal data held about you in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or with any entity which holds your data, including notification of changes to our products and services.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide you with information, products and services that you request from us or where you have consented to be contacted for a specific purpose.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our products or service, when you choose to do so.
How will we share your data?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with any member of our group that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Business partners, vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors who perform services on our behalf (these companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us or to you on our behalf);
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- Payment processors for the purpose of fulfilling relevant payment transactions;
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SHELT, our customers, or others.
- We will disclose personal data to third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal data will be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business. With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Third party service providers working on our behalf
Our services will, from time to time, be provided to you by our affiliates or third party service providers, agents, advertisers and affiliates. If you are using any of these services, please note that these services are subject to the service provider’s own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you use the services.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you from time to time with relevant information about SHELT products and services. Most messages will be sent electronically (e-mail or SMS). For some messages, we will use personal data we collect about you to help us determine the most relevant information to share with you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us via email at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase.
We will not sell or rent your data to third parties or share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. We will use third party software to send you information for marketing purposes, but such third parties will not have access to or be able to read your personal data.
If you receive an email which claims to come from us but does not use our domain, or if you are suspicious that an email may not be approved by us, then please send a copy of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners will use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used to serve you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.
Transferring personal data
The personal data we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Union (“EU“), your personal data may be processed outside of the EU; these international transfers of your personal data are made pursuant to appropriate safeguards, and, we will take suitable steps to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the EU and under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Such measures could include, but are not limited to, having Data Processing Agreements with applicable sub-processors and/or requesting from the sub-processors to represent that they have adequate security and data protection procedures in place aligned with the GDPR or any other applicable data protection law. If you wish to inquire further about these safeguards used, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this policy.
SHELT endeavors to hold all personal data securely in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law. SHELT will do its best to protect your personal data, but SHELT cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site through the internet; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once SHELT have received your information, SHELT will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data accessed or processed by SHELT.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We will retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
How do we store your data?
Your personal data is securely stored by SHELT on the SHELT servers located in several places around the world including United Kingdom, and/or France and/or other places where partners of SHELT operate. SHELT has set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data.
What are your data protection rights?
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data that we hold:
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your personal data along with certain information, and to receive that personal data in a commonly used format and to have it ported to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction.The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you or the sale of your personal data for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, and to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right to non-discrimination. The right to non-discrimination for exercising your rights as outlined in this policy. This includes, but is not limited to, denying you goods or services, charging you different prices for similar services, or providing a different level or quality of service.
Our policy towards children
Changes to our Privacy & Data Protection Policy
SHELT reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Data Protection Policy at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy and Data Protection Policy at this Site. You should check our Site to see the current Privacy and Data Protection Policy that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
Notice to you